Date:      Thu, 29 Aug 2002 17:28:06 -0400
From:      Andy Sparrow <spadger@best.com>
To:        Erick Mechler <emechler@techometer.net>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cursor (trackpoint) "creep" with moused?

--==_Exmh_-1945547310P

> :: I'm just curious as to why this might be - the trackpoint "creep", that
> :: is - does anyone have any ideas? :-)
>
> Do you have anything emitting lots of electronic noise around your system?
> The mouse (physical mouse, mind you) attached to my IBM S/390 system does
> this exact same thing when I talk on my cell phone near the keyboard.
> It's a real trip.  Halogen lamps are another possible culprit.

Huh. Well, NAFAIK - it's a laptop, and it's done the same thing on two
different continents, airplanes, multiple apartments/offices etc. It's
also worked fine for hours in the same environment(s)...

It's been known to do it a good 15 ft from the nearest other electrical
device, doesn't matter if it's on a network (wired or unwired) or not.

If I could provoke it, I'd maybe have a shot at doing something about
it, however putting it ON a SunFire 280R when I was using it as a
console didn't seem to cause it, so...

As another poster says he gets the same thing under Win2K, maybe it's
the device itself that does this from time-to-time. Pity..

Cheers,

AS

--==_Exmh_-1945547310P

--==_Exmh_-1945547310P--