Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 2008 20:56:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      chilo <olihc17@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org, freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Freebsd 7 amd64 need clarification on SAS controller

 We currently have a box that have this specs for freebsd 7 64 bit:

Dual Core Intel XEON processor 5000 1333MHZ
Intel 5000 chipset family
1 GB min fully buffered memory
4 x 146GB SAS drives
Lan Intel 82563EB dual port controller
LSI 1068 SAS Contoller

I have a LSI 1068 SAS controller but on my dmesg.boot this is the output:

mfi0: <LSI MegaSAS 1064R> mem 0xb8b00000-0xb8b0ffff,0xb8900000-0xb891ffff irq 18 at device 14.on pci4
mfi0: Megaraid SAS driver Ver 2.00

I've checked the freebsd site and the LSI 106x family should have mpt drivers but my dmesg.boot says mfi.

Also there is this

hptrr: HPT RocketRAID controller driver v1.1 (Feb 24 2008
10:34:18)
hptrr: no controller detected.

Since I do not have a HPT RocketRAID controller why does it still load in on the boot up?

is there an explanation for this? Will I have any problems if I push freebsd 7 64 bit on this box?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Be a better friend, newshound, and