Date:      Mon, 28 Dec 1998 17:20:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@internetcds.com>
To:        Chris Timmons <skynyrd@opus.cts.cwu.edu>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Argh, can't get -current to build under 2.2.8+

Just:

make world

on a 2.2.8 box, with -current supped today.

As I read the makefile, that's the proper method, the aout to elf is for
converting from a 3.0 aout system to a 3.0 elf system.

If you're on a really old 2.x system, then the Makefile.upgrade is used to
build a few things that won't work w/o it...  But since I'm fairly current
in the stable branch (how's that for mixing tags, labels, and versions?
:)), I should be OK.