Date:      Thu, 13 May 1999 10:16:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Peter Schwenk <schwenk@voicenet.com>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GENERIC 3.2-BETA kernel and printing

On Thu, 13 May 1999, Peter Schwenk wrote:

> I just wanted to let the developers know that I have trouble printing
> with the 3.2-BETA kernel using the GENERIC configuration file.  I print

> device          ppc0    at isa? port? flags 0x40 net irq 7
>
> line  to
>
> device          ppc0    at isa? port? flags 0x40 tty irq 7

This still hasn't been resolved?  If not, we have taken one step
forward and two steps back with respect to parallel ports.  What
is the rational of choosing net over tty in GENERIC?  The net
option has caused a lot of grief among people who want to print.
If it changes to tty, what breaks (and who will that
inconvenience)?

-john