Date:      Wed, 6 Feb 2002 08:00:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: misc/34666: Last entry in /etc/exports ignored

The following reply was made to PR misc/34666; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To: Warren Smith <warren_a_smith@yahoo.com>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 17:58:08 +0200

 On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 07:29:28AM -0800, Warren Smith wrote:

 > >Number:         34666
 > >Category:       misc
 > >Synopsis:       Last entry in /etc/exports ignored
 > >Originator:     Warren Smith
 > Valid entry in /etc/exports seems to be ignored if it is the last entry.  The exact same entry works as long as it is not the last entry.  Several different entries tried.  All worked at other positions.  None worked if last.
 > >How-To-Repeat:
 > Attempt to mount an exported filesystem that appears last in /etc/exports.

 As Maxim Konovalov already asked, can you show us your /etc/exports file?
 You wouldn't happen to be trying to export several directories from
 the same mounted filesystem on different lines, would you?  If you are,
 then this is the problem - when exporting a directory tree, mountd modifies
 the filesystem it resides on, and for some reason or other it cannot do
 this twice.

 G'luck,
 Peter

 --
 Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net	roam@FreeBSD.org
 because I didn't think of a good beginning of it.