Date:      Sun, 17 Nov 1996 09:28:22 -0600 (CST)
From:      Phil Gilley <pgilley@metronet.com>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>, bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.1.6-RELEASE DES Problem

On Sun, 17 Nov 1996, J Wunsch wrote:

> As Mark Murray wrote:
>
> > Phil Gilley wrote:
> > > The DES package seems to be missing /sbin/init and maybe other things as
> > > well (the same problem also existed under 2.1.5-RELEASE).
>
> > You're right. Secure init and ed-with-crypt are missing.
>
> Sigh.  If people had actually had reported this problem with 2.1.5,
> it's rather easy to fix.  Now it's too late. :-(

I did report this problem with 2.1.5-RELEASE.  I admit it was in a post
to -questions instead of -bugs, but because several core members responded
I assumed it would have been fixed.  (I know, never assume anything.)

Is it really too late to reroll the release?  It would be nice to have it
fixed on the CD.

Phil Gilley
pgilley@metronet.com