Date:      Wed, 31 May 2000 10:42:53 -0400
From:      William Lloyd <wlloyd@slap.net>
To:        Troy Settle <troy@picus.com>
Cc:        Corey Ralph <corey@net-tech.com.au>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Using radius to NT server?

Hi Troy!

On Wed, 31 May 2000, Troy Settle wrote:

> Corey,
>
> You're not alone here.  A few days ago, I tried enabling pam_radius for
> authentication on 4.0-STABLE, but had 0 luck with it.  I got the same
> errors:  No valid RADIUS response recieved.  Rather frustrating when I run
> Radius in debug mode, and *never* even see the connection coming in.
>
> I just chalked it up to either PAM or the Radius module not being quite
> ready for production and moved on to other stuff.

I've not tried it with a NT radius server but the pam_radius stuff requires
that a full user account be setup on the freebsd box.  The pam_radius
module will ignore the password part of the account and verify against
the other (in your case NT) radius box.

Don't think of it as a replacement for NIS/YP in this case.

You might check the TCP port that radius is using.  Different radius servers
seem to use different default ports.  I think Livingston changed the radius
default port somewhere along the line a while back.

-bill

--
William Lloyd               mailto:wlloyd@slap.net  |   No stuff here