Date:      Fri, 23 Dec 2022 10:14:43 -0800
From:      Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com>
Subject:   RE: Unusual errors on recent stable/13 22-Dec-2022 (a related problem report on freebsd-ports?)

Jonathan Chen <jonc_at_chen.org.nz> wrote on
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2022 19:21:37 UTC :

> I recently updated my package builder machine to the
> stable/13-n253297-fc15d5bf1109of (22-Dec-2022); and appear to be having
> some unusual issues when building with a high number of jobs. My package
> builder uses synth (which uses nullfs on ZFS), and I have had failures
> with missing files, as well as what appears to be sequencing issues with
> Makefiles. If I re-run the build, these errors usually do not reoccur.
>
> I'm puzzled as to what is happening. Is this just happening to me? It
> appears that the ZFS code has been updated recently, and I'm wondering
> whether a regression has crept in. [Or it could just be my hardware?]

https://lists.freebsd.org/archives/freebsd-ports/2022-December/003153.html

indicates a problem with tmpfs use such that using USE_TMPFS=no
avoids a problem for poudriere bulk builds on 13.1 amd64.
(Unclear if the note is for stable/13 vs. releng/13.1 vs. both.)

I'll note repeat the material here but it might be worth a look.

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com