Date:      Fri, 8 Sep 2000 14:51:39 -0700
From:      Steve Sizemore <steve@toots.ucsf.edu>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@ares.trc.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        Bill Melvin <Bill_Melvin@esc.edu>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NoClassDefFoundError: InvokerGen

On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 06:31:04AM +0930, Greg Lewis wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 01:24:42PM -0400, Bill Melvin wrote:
> > as a followup, build completed after I moved the build dir up one.
> > no symlinks in the path to /usr/tmp ... same filesystem.
> > Dont think the sticky bit on /usr/tmp had anything to do with it
> > b/c reports of similar problems were in /home/.* right?
>
> I don't think the path length has much to do with it either, I was building
> quite far down my directory tree without any problems.
>
> > do any Linux-Java folk talk abt this?
>
> I haven't seen it on the java-linux list.  I suspect its a quirk of the
> linuxulator.  Maybe its even been fixed?  Anyone reproduce this on 4.1?

I just saw it on 4-STABLE. My home directories are automounted, so the
pathname was long, included symbolic links, and went over nfs.
Interestingly, I was able to cd down into the directory where the
problem occurred, and run make in that directory, where it succeeded.
I then cd'ed back to the top level and reran the buildscript, which
completed successfully.

I also built it successfully on a local fs with a short pathname.

Steve
--