Date:      Tue, 20 Nov 2001 08:06:07 +1000
From:      Christopher Smith <csmith@its.uq.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Adaptec 3210s RAID card problems (asr driver)

We're having some issues with an Adaptec RAID card (3210s) and FreeBSD
4.4-RELEASE.  The card is initially picked up by the kernel on boot, but then
it times out trying to probe it.  Hence, the drive array attached is not
detected.  The card's onboard management software etc can be accessed fine
and it appears to be working, the kernel just doesn't seem able to access it
correctly.  The machine is a Dell Poweredge 6300 with 4 Xeons and 4GB of RAM.

I was just wondering if anyone else was using these two bits of hardware
together, and if they'd had similar problems ?

--
+- Christopher Smith, Systems Administrator ------------------------------+
|  Server & Security Group, Information Technology Services               |