Date:      Sat, 14 Jul 2001 18:40:55 +0100
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jo=E3o_Fernandes?= <OpsyDopsy@netcabo.pt>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   3Com Etherlink XL 10/100 PCI RJ45

Heys

I've just tryed installing my new NIC but it gave me a boot problem, when it starts up it asks me if I would like to book
from the network (and seeing I'm using this NIC for my cablemodem) I say no, thank you; now the problem is that when
it's suposed to boot from the HD it dosent, saying that there is no available system to boot even before FBSD's
bootmanager makes its appearance.

Sometimes FBSDs bootmanager shows up but hangs before I can input to wich OS to boot.

I have both Windows 98 SE and FBSD 4.3 cvsuped a few weeks ago.

My HD is a maxtor, 20G with an UDMA66 controler (reason why I have to set at the bios a) to boot from int 86 - the
network, and b) not to detect any IDE HDs)

I've tryed setting the HD to IDE by disconnecting it from the controler and connecting it directly to the MB with no
changes regarding the boot problem.

Hope someone can help me.

JF