Date:      Mon, 15 Sep 2014 18:53:27 -0500
From:      The BSD Dreamer <beastie@tardisi.com>
To:        freebsd-chromium@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Chromium 37.0.2062.120

On 09/13/14 05:39, Carlos Jacobo Puga Medina wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> So, I was finally able to upgrade for 35.0.1916.153_3.... to 37.0.2062.94.
>> This seem to be working, except for the extra windows stuff (toggle the
>> setting and it goes away, but close window and reopen...and its back...)
>
> The issue is caused by the recent switch to the new rendering issue (the Aura frontend replaces the current GTK+ frontend which isn't GTK based anymore). For more details see [1].
>
>> But, then I update to 37.0.2062.120...and chrome just exits.  Not sure though
>> if the lang/gcc upgrade to 4.8 is involved or not.  The update all the other
>> bumped ports is still in progress.
>>
>> During the update, chromium did stop working....but changing rpath from
>> /usr/local/lib/gcc47 to /usr/local/lib/gcc48 fixed that.
>
> If you want to build chromium port using GCC48, add the following lines in Makefile
>
> USE_GCC= 4.8+
>
> Add those lines after .include <bsd.port.pre.mk>
> CHOOSEN_COMPILER_TYPE= gcc
> COMPILER_TYPE= gcc
> COMPILER_VERSION= 48

It wasn't because I wanted to build using GCC48...the choice was made for us.

10 Sep 2014 20:50:37 | gerald | Update the default version of GCC in the
37.0.2062.120_1      |        | Ports Collection from GCC 4.7.4 to GCC
                     |        | 4.8.3.
                     |        |
                     |        | Part II, Bump PORTREVISIONs.
                     |        |
From: http://www.freshports.org/www/chromium

Wonder if I force it to gcc47....would it work?  Wonder if everything else
that got bumped still works.  Or if it explains the unexplained reboot of
system early Sunday morning...

Though I want to blame the super aggressive netbackup appliance running 11
bpbkar streams off of a single pair of disks. (a pair of WD Purple's, which it
seems because they've been write optimized, the read performance is poor.)

no indication of panic....so probably something with watchdogd.

--
  Email: beastie@tardisi.com              Name: Lawrence "The Dreamer" Chen
 GitHub: https://github.com/TheDreamer   Pages: http://beastie.tardisi.com