Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2024 20:55:10 +0200
From:      Oleksandr Kryvulia <shuriku@shurik.kiev.ua>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: suspend to idle support

--------------eFYiduk6X4gqG1rswTrI0HB3

16.01.24 20:29, Warner Losh:

> On Mon, Jan 15, 2024 at 10:24 AM Oleksandr Kryvulia
> <shuriku@shurik.kiev.ua> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>     What is a status of support suspend to idle? I found only two
>     related reviews D17675 and D17676 and no more any information. It
>     is a very desirable thing on modern laptops, where s3 is not
>     supported like my X1 Carbon gen11[1].
>
>     [1] https://wiki.freebsd.org/Laptops/Thinkpad_X1_Carbon
>

> It works for me on my Lenovo Yoga that's a couple of years old, modulo
> the build-in wifi card.

On my X1:
hw.acpi.supported_sleep_state: S4 S5

So no S3 state and no suspend-resume support. The erlier versions have a
settings in BIOS which allow to enable S3 support, but not mine. Can you
share your experience with how you set it up?

--------------eFYiduk6X4gqG1rswTrI0HB3

<!DOCTYPE html>
  <head>
  </head>
    16.01.24 20:29, Warner Losh:<br>
cite="mid:CANCZdfpcWn0Qjsag7pNO86ieQsDLrWVkAE14Ue5v+q_sm+zfdg@mail.gmail.com">
            10:24 AM Oleksandr Kryvulia &lt;<a
              href="mailto:shuriku@shurik.kiev.ua"
              moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">shuriku@shurik.kiev.ua</a>&gt;
            wrote:<br>
style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
              What is a status of support suspend to idle? I found only
                  and no more any information. It is a very desirable
                  thing on modern laptops, where s3 is not supported
                  like my X1 Carbon gen11[1].<br>
                  [1] <a
href="https://wiki.freebsd.org/Laptops/Thinkpad_X1_Carbon"
                    target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
            years old, modulo the build-in wifi card.</div>
    On my X1:<br>
        style="color:#000000;background-color:#ffffff;">hw.acpi.supported_sleep_state:
        S4 S5<br>