Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 1995 15:37:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kristyn Fayette <kristyn@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
To:        rberndt@nething.com (Randy Berndt)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: QIC-80 ? (yes, another one...)

} It gets probed, and returns "Colorado tape" on boot up, but I can't hit it
} at all. I have tried "ft0", "ft0a", "rft0", "rft0a", the "ft" command and
} all I get is controller or device timeouts. I saw a similar message go by, but
} did not see any answer.

  You know 'ft' is a filter, don't you?  You use it like this:
	tar cvzf - / | ft "Full backup of root"
	ft | tar tzf -
	ft | tar xzf - /root/.cshrc

  I get timeouts, too.  Maybe you saw my message.  I never got a reply
about them.  The backups work...you just seem to get timouts while the tape
is positioning.

						-----Kris

--
                    -=(*)=-   Kristyn Fayette   -=(*)=-