Date:      Sun, 8 Aug 2021 16:09:21 +0200
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?Fernando_Apestegu=C3=ADa?= <fernando.apesteguia@gmail.com>
To:        "Danilo G. Baio" <dbaio@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-translators@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Weblate Translation Tips

On Sat, Aug 7, 2021 at 9:24 PM Danilo G. Baio <dbaio@freebsd.org> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> As you may know, we are still adjusting the translation workflow of the
> FreeBSD Documentation Project through Weblate, there are some pending
> items [1], but everyone can [re-]start translating.
>
> I've just added this wiki page [2] describing how to translate/build
> each document (for now, there are only three).
>
> The 'Article / Contributors to FreeBSD' [3] is a good example that every
> language should follow to keep all contributor's names updated.
>
> If you have any questions, please let us know.

Hi Danilo,

Thanks for this. It is very helpful!

Some questions. In the example on how to update the "Contributors to
FreeBSD" article, it is said: "Just necessary translate index and
contrib-develinmemoriam."
In es/ we do not have any contributors/ directory. Not a big deal, we
can create a new one based on another language. But here is the
question. If we compare the directories pt_BR/ and en/:

 ls ../../../en/articles/contributors/
_index.adoc                   contrib-386bsd.adoc
contrib-additional.adoc       contrib-committers.adoc
contrib-corealumni.adoc       contrib-develalumni.adoc
contrib-develinmemoriam.adoc  contrib-portmgralumni.adoc

$ ls ../../../pt-br/articles/contributors/
_index.adoc                   _index.po
contrib-develinmemoriam.adoc  contrib-develinmemoriam.po

Should I base the new "Contributors" article in the English version or
another one?

Thanks!