Date:      Mon, 20 Nov 1995 13:33:50 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Douglas Jackson <drj113@rsphy.anu.edu.au>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: availability of html pages

On Mon, 20 Nov 1995, Douglas Jackson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Iam writing to see if it is possible to obtain the 'nice' docc set for
> FreeBSD in HTML pages.
>
> I realise that they are evolving, so any snapshot would loose acccuracy,
> given time, but it would be *VERY* nice to be able to unarchive a
> compressed file on my local web server, and then be able to access the docco
> that way, instaid of having to rely on a 9600 baud dial up slip line.
>
> By the way, My MAJOR motivation is that I have slow, and unrelaible
> connectivity, so any on line docco that I can put up locally (on my
> private system) would be wonderful.
>
> Thanks for all of the effort that has gone into the product so far.  It
> is realy worth the wait for a system that is relaible as FreeBSD..
>
> Please address replys to
>
> drj113@rsphys.anu.edu.au

This is already in place.  Look at /usr/share/doc/handbook.

> ta,
>
> Doug Jackson

Chuck Robey chuckr@eng.umd.edu -- I run FreeBSD on n3lxx and Journey2
The Dilbert Zone is Dilbert's new WWW home! The area
features never-before-seen original sketches of Dilbert, a photo tour
of Scott Adams' studio, Dilbert Trivia and memorabilia, high
school photos and much more!:
<URL:http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/dilbert/>;