Date:      Fri, 22 May 1998 16:27:13 -0400
From:      sbabkin@dcn.att.com
To:        mark@vmunix.com
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: TIME_WAIT/FIN_WAIT_2...

> ----------

It occurred that I'm reading the McKusick & other's book right now and
this is the exact
quote on the TCP implementation:

"In addition, 4.4BSD starts the 2MSL timer when FIN_WAIT_2 state is
entered
after the user has closed."

So, probably this is the reason why you don't see so many hanging
sockets in
FIN_WAIT_2 on FreeBSD.

-Serge