Date:      Fri, 13 Jan 1995 20:38:03 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.nodak.edu>
Cc:        james@hermes.cybernetics.net, hackers@FreeBSD.org, mtaylor@gateway.cybernet.com
Subject:   Re: FYI..

> car stops, pulls back...
> babe: "pardon me. is that an authorize FREEBSD 2.0 teeshirt you are wearing"
> nate: "why, yes. this is an authorize FREEBSD 2.0 teeshirt I am wearing"
> babe: "well, thank-you"
> car screaches away.

Oh foolish one, that was the late, late, late, late show special (I
know, because I was awake for it) movie "Sexy Beach Summer, II."  You
merely mistook the lead character in cowboy hat and spurs (which he
even wore during the love scenes - silly gimmick!) for Nate in your
half-awake, 3-beers-after-dinner delerium.

I believe she also said "Is that an *author's frisbee II* teeshirt.", not
an "authorize FreeBSD 2.0 [not that this makes any sense anyway] teeshirt."

You'll remember the premise of the movie was that a bunch of famous
authors had donated their frisbees to a cheerleading team for their
annual tournament, each frisbee carefully signed by the likes of
Vonnegut, Borge's & Bradbury to bring luck to the cheerleader babe
they liked the most.  Apparently the last tournament was such a
success that they were doing it again, except even better.  The cowboy
character comes through and provides brief love interest for the babes
(until the later arrival of Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. in a cameo), and one of
them gives him an official tournament teeshirt - "author's frisbee II
[tournament]", in which he later appears in the road scene.

It was a very lame movie, and I still can't believe I watched the
entire thing.  Must have been that joint I smoked just before it
came on. :-)

[haha, I'm just joking of course, I would never admit such a thing
in public! :)]

						Jordan