Date:      Thu, 30 Dec 1999 16:13:41 +0100
From:      Phil Regnauld <regnauld@ftf.net>
To:        Phil Regnauld <regnauld@ftf.net>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Uptime ! (507 days and going)

Phil Regnauld writes:
> 	I know it's sometimes possible to send pizzas over the Internet --
> 	I wish there was a way to send champagne bottles :-)
>
> 	FreeBSD makes my millenium.  Kudos to core and all the commiters
> 	for making such a damn good OS.
> ---
> 12:01AM  up 507 days, 13:55, 0 users, load averages: 0.08, 0.02, 0.01
> ---

	... and the machine betrayed me 4 days later: the IDE controller
	died!!!

	Argh!  Massive facelift, and 3.4-RELEASE instead of 2.2.1 :-)

	Everything went smooth as butter during the upgrade -- thanks,
	Jordan!  (except the aout libraries ending up in /usr/lib/compat, instead
	of /usr/lib/aout where /etc/rc looks for them).

	Back in business in less than 4 hours.

--
[ In 1 days, 9 hours and 48 minutes, this line might fail Y2K compliance ]
y2k -- an occasion to remember how far we haven't come in the last 2000 years.