Date:      Wed, 16 Oct 1996 23:49:41 -0600
From:      Dave Andersen <angio@aros.net>
To:        Josh MacDonald <jmacd@CS.Berkeley.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.2-961006-SNAP keyboard lockup

Under -current, supped just after 100696-SNAP, I experience
these quite frequently when using syscons.  The problem
is actually fairly easy to replicate by rapidly switching
between vty's on the console - if I keep it up enough, the
keyboard will lock solid.  I haven't determined if it only
happens if I hit certain combinations of keys or not, but
that's the best way to duplicate it.

It's never happened under X, most likely because I'm never
  a) switching vty's
or
  b) hitting the certain keys that cause it to lock.

It's not possible to get the system to reset the keyboard short of
a reboot; swapping in a different keyboard with all the associated
risks to the motherboard doesn't cause it to magically cure itself.

(Tyan tomcat II, dual P133 (not using SMP on it right now, I
 actually use the system for work. :), 64MB, mostly PCI, with
 a soundblaster awe-32), chicony KB-2923 keyboard).