Date:      Tue, 17 Jun 2003 20:17:16 +0000
From:      "Tony Pidluberg" <tpidluberg@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   HELP!!! I'm a newbie

Dear Mam/Sir

   I have a fair knowledge of commandline and win32, but recently I've
decided to take on freebsd "as a newbie" to expand my knowledge of the
diffrernt OS's. I'm having various after install issues and can't seem to
find a forum that is dealing with some of the more basic concepts. I have
read the freeBSD handbook & the porters handbook, but am still having
problems. I want to install the sources for the ports from a CD, not ftp.
I've done a full install and even added a lInux and DOS partition using the
BSD boot manager.

PLease help