Date:      Fri, 20 Oct 2000 06:32:30 -0400
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@freebsd.org>
To:        Reed Lai <reed@icpdas.com>
Cc:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: update and kget

Reed Lai wrote:

> Seniors,
>
> I use PicoBSD 0.41 (NET) on my 486-100/16MB RAM/1.44 FDD.
> I always got following messages when run update or kget:
>
>     Can't get name field for entry 14
>     pid xx (kget), uid 0 on /: file system full
>     /: write failed, file system is full
>     pid xx (kget), uid 0: exited on signal 11
>     Segmentation fault
>
> Did I miss anything?  Please help.

No, you didn't.  The disk is very packed, so there is no room on it for
anything else.  IIRC, in the /etc folder, all the config files are both
in .gz format and uncompressed.

What I do is to remove the .gz formatted ones, and then edit the
uncompressed ones on a full FreeBSD system.

After that, you *might* be able to use "update".  I've never used it.

--
Patrick