Date:      Thu, 07 Mar 1996 02:57:28 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <lehey.pad@sni.de>
Cc:        davidg@Root.COM, hackers@freebsd.org (Hackers; FreeBSD)
Subject:   Re: using ddb to debug a double-panic?

> I've been thinking about improving ddb.  About 4 years ago, I wrote a
> similar kernel debugger for BSD/386, and was thinking of incorporating
> some of its features into ddb.  One of the things it could do was

I think the real challenge here is to implement gdb-remote.  I was at
Cisco a little while back and got asked this - apparently the Cisco
engineers use the gdb-remote features of their routers to debug IOS
over serial lines.

We could do the same thing with serial console support and a command
in ddb to drop into gdb-remote mode, then you'd just fire up your
gdb on some other box and say "over there!  I want to debug that guy!"

					Jordan