Date:      Fri, 03 Jul 1998 00:14:58 -0400
From:      Adam McDougall <mcdougall@ameritech.net>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        c5666305 <c5666305@comp.polyu.edu.hk>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: winfast 3D L2300 support by XFree86 3.3.2

Mike Smith wrote:

> > Hello,
> >
> > I had checked the XFree86 to see if it supports the winfast L2300 which
> > use 3D Labs Permedia 2 chipset with no particular answer.  I would like
> > to know if anyone using it (PCI version) under SMP.  If so, please let
> > me know how to do it.  Thanks.
>
> I don't believe it's supported under XFree86 (I could be wrong).
> However, Xi Graphic's Accelerated X supports it.  I've used it on an
> SMP system, although that has almost nothing to do with anything.
>
> --
> \\  Sometimes you're ahead,       \\  Mike Smith
> \\  sometimes you're behind.      \\  mike@smith.net.au
> \\  The race is long, and in the  \\  msmith@freebsd.org
> \\  end it's only with yourself.  \\  msmith@cdrom.com

http://www.suse.de/XSuSE/XSuSE_E.html

" What are XSuSE-Servers?

In cooperation with The XFree86 Project, Inc., S.u.S.E. GmbH is proud to
present a small series of its own X servers. These servers are based
on source code from XFree86-servers, but enhance and extend these.
XSuSE_Elsa_GLoria

This X-Server supports the following cards:
PERMEDIA-2
            ELSA GLoria Synergy
            ELSA WINNER 2000/Office
            DIAMOND Fire GL 1000 Pro
            CREATIVE Blaster Exxtreme
            LEADTEK WinFast 2300
            ACCELSTAR Permedia II AGP
            Basically, most cards with Permedia II chipset (including AGP
versions) should work.
            ATTENTION: Cards based on the new Permedia IIv Chip are not
supported! Moreover, some problems do exist with
            certain Permedia II AGP cards. These are currently being
investigated.