Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 2000 12:56:32 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP!  New DocBook port

On Tue, Apr 04, 2000 at 10:22:50PM +0200, Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai wrote:
> I committed the DocBook 4.0 BETA 5 port.
>
> This is only intended to give people a first glance at the new DocBook
> DTD.  If you find any peculiarities, please report them to the OASIS
> group or to Nik (since he is actively involved in the discussions (I
> hope that's ok Nik?)).

"actively involved" is probably overstating the case a little bit.  I'm
subscribed to the Davenport mailing list, <docbook@lists.oasis-open.org>,
where DocBook discussions happen, and there are a couple of DocBook
RFEs (Requests For Enhancement, similar to our PR database) open to me
for some of the extensions we've made to the DTD (124 and 125, visible
at http://www.docbook.org/rfe/).

But yeah, if people want to funnel any comments about DocBook 4.0 through
me to the DocBook maintainers that's fine.