Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 96 13:31:34 -0500
From:      "Serge G. Kruk" <sgkruk@barrow.uwaterloo.ca>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   iso0 probe during boot kills my video

Here is a small problem I have with Release 2.1 (from Walnut Creek).

During the boot process, if I allow to probe for the serial channels com1 and
com2 (iso0 and iso1), then my video dies (an Asus card pci-vt241, Mach64
based).
If I disable the probing by the -c switch and 'disable iso0', then all is fine.

It is only the video that dies, the boot process finishes normally.  I don't
see anything on screen but I can login and ask for a reboot and if I
don't probe the iso0 then everything works fine ???

I am at a loss to see a connection between probing the serial channel
and my video card.

If it means anything, this machine is a PCI pentium with 16 Meg.  The video
card has 2 Meg and a Mach64 chip.

Serge
--
        Graduate student                          sgkruk@barrow.uwaterloo.ca