Date:      Thu, 13 Sep 2001 22:38:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alexander Nedotsukov <bland@smtp.ru>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   kern/30570: boot loader don't reacts on USB keyboard input

>Number:         30570
>Category:       kern
>Synopsis:       boot loader don't reacts on USB keyboard input
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
If I boot from the FreeBSD boot CD (just burned recent .iso image from ftp.FreeBSD.org mirror) and bypass kernel configuration screen than it seems kernel completely ingores USB keyboard later. Actualy Installation process stops on the first dialog screen.
The steps to avoid this problem are described bellow, but after installation of new kernel with/without atkbdc support it stil impossible to enter to boot loader command promport. System performs countown waiting keypress without any reaction on any keyboard input. Everything becomes ok after it's up.
>How-To-Repeat:
I believe you just need to boot from the FreeBSD boot CD on system with only USB keyboard present.
>Fix:
It's still possible to install FreeBSD on system with only USB keyboard present. You just need to remove AT keyboard controller at the kernel configuration screen.