Date:      Tue, 16 Oct 2001 20:53:55 +0200
From:      Anders Andersson <anders@codefactory.se>
To:        Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>
Cc:        binup@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Who else is on this list?

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 07:24:18PM +0100, Josef Karthauser wrote:
> BTW, Who else is on this list?  Is it just us three?

I am also on this list, and have been following the design discussion
with great interest. About a year ago (on the flight to BSDCon 2000) I
started to think about a general package API and also what you
discussed, an conversion (redesign) of pkg_* to a pkglib.

Since then time has run away from me and I had not yet had the time to
write up a paper or even less some code for it.

I will try to summary my thoughts and share it with this list.

I am a very big fan of the BSDPAN implementation and would also much
like to see this more integrated in ports/*. Although I cant make
it to BSDCon Europe, I hope the discussion will continue here.

--
Anders Andersson		anders@codefactory.se
CodeFactory AB			http://www.codefactory.se/