Date:      Tue, 23 Sep 1997 10:26:45 -0500
From:      Bob Willcox <bob@pmr.com>
To:        chat list <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Linux faster thasn FreeBSD

On Tue, Sep 23, 1997 at 09:18:38AM -0500, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Sep 1997, Paul Griffith wrote:
>

> > Paul Griffith - paulg@interlog.com
> >
> > So I should use the SCSI HD as my swap space ? What basic fine tuning
> > would you suggest ?
> >
> I suggest you rebuild the kernel and use the memory filesystem (mfs) as
> swap disk. If it's your personal box (not many users) this won't give any
> problem.

This sounds awfully circular (and dangerous) to me.  What happens when
the mfs daemon needs to page out something?  Does the system fail?  Is
the failure gracefull?

--
Bob Willcox	       Deliberation, n.: The act of examining one's bread
bob@luke.pmr.com         to determine which side it is buttered on.