Date:      Sun, 12 Aug 2001 12:53:29 +0200
From:      Jens Schweikhardt <schweikh@schweikhardt.net>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bash in /usr/local/bin?

On Sun, Aug 12, 2001 at 03:07:23AM -0700, Terry Lambert wrote:
# Jim Bryant wrote:
# >
# > IMHO, all widely accepted shells should be put in /bin
#
# Bash has a license which precludes its inclusion as part
# of the base system.

[Not that I favor more shells on the root file system, but anyway:]
What about gcc and grep? Does the license differ or are these not regarded
being part of the base system?

If we ever put another shell besides /bin/sh on the root file system
(and I doubt it very much) there's always zsh with as far as I can tell
a two clause BSD license. With almost all bash features and then some :-)

Regards,

	Jens
--
Jens Schweikhardt http://www.schweikhardt.net/