Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 1996 10:01:36 -0400
From:      Charles Green <chuck@fang.cs.sunyit.edu>
To:        sos@freebsd.org
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Syscons CUT&PASTE functionality added...

sos@freebsd.org stands accused of saying:
} Date: Jun 21, 12:54
} Subject: Syscons CUT&PASTE functionality added...
}
} I just put in the last bits to get CUT&PASTE to work in syscons.
} This now allow one to C&P between the consoles using the mouse
} to select the needed text.
} For this to work, run the moused daemon with the prober parameters
} specifying mousetype & port. Then on the console where this feature
} is needed just say vidcontrol -m on, and a mousepointer will show
} up on the screen. Left button cuts & right button paste.
} I'd like to hear how this works out with different mousetypes and
} especially with different display hardware. Please note this works
} only on ega's and above, as the mousepointer is done by reprogramming
} the charset, giving the illusion that a "real" graphic mousepointer
} is used.
} There still need to be implemented a prober eventhandling mechanism
} but thats still on the drawingboard. When that is done, applications
} can start using this feature as well (libdialog comes to mind)...
}
} Have fun...
}
} Soren Schmidt             (sos@FreeBSD.org)             FreeBSD Core Team
}                So much code to hack -- so little time.
}-- End of excerpt from sos@freebsd.org

        Exellent!! I've wanted this for quite awhile. One suggestion,
could paste button be changed to the middle button for mouse systems
compatable mice? Similar to standard X config.

--
Charles Green, PRC Inc.			             UN*X System Administration
22 Powell Ave. Apt. B 		   	                  UN*X Security   &