Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 1996 00:18:07 +0000 ()
From:      "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
To:        mmead@Glock.COM (matthew c. mead)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: -current and accelx

>     Well, I upgraded to -current yesterday, and things seem to be
> going ok other than the fact that whenever I try to start up
> accelerated X, it hangs the machine.  XF86_S3 works just fine,
> however.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

I have just made some changes to clean up the map handling on freebsd.  It
appears that there are others having problems with accelerated X, but I
just tried the 1.3 demo and it worked for me (F1280).  Could you try to
run "ktrace -di" and it *might* give me some info?  Your machine is not
crashing, but the display is not being written (at least that is what
happened to others.)

Any info that you can send me would be useful.  (Card type, cpu type,
phase of the moon, etc...)

John