Date:      Mon, 2 Jan 1995 19:00:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      Steven Myrtle <steven@unix-nut.clark.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.0 docs clarification suggestion

I installed FreeBSD 2.0 yesterday to see what it's
like.  Since I was installing it on a 2nd drive, I read
the troubleshooting guide which said I needed to boot
using hd(1,a)/kernel.  The boot proceeded fine, but the
kernel always stopped with a "panic: cannot mount root"
message.  It took me 2-3 hours to realize I needed to
boot with wd(1,a) since I have IDE drives.  Maybe that
fact is mentioned somewhere else, but I didn't see it.
:-)  Thought maybe you might want to add a clarification
so others won't get stuck with the same problem.

- Steven