Date:      Wed, 30 Sep 1998 17:53:58 GMT
From:      steven@shellnet.co.uk (Steven Fletcher)
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IPFW, Dual network cards

Hi all

We've been running a combination of IPFW, NATD and IPLTD for some time
now - very successfully I might add - at controlling bandwidth and
using IP translation for our internal computers.

However we're attempting to make this a little more secure (as
changing IP and gateway is a bit easy :>) and would like to know if
possible the following:

1) Will FreeBSD (3.0-19980804-SNAP) allow us to physically separate
the network by placing 2 network cards in the machine and connecting
one to each of our switches? Do I need anything such as routed to be
running?

2) If so, can this network setup route other protocols - i.e Windows
NetBEUI traffic or IPX setup? (I'm really looking for a 'no' answer
here - if yes can it be stopped?)

And... that's about it :)

Thanks for any help anyone can provide here.

Steven Fletcher
steven@shellnet.com