Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 2001 15:26:43 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Eric A. Sproul" <eric@ericsproul.to>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: mysterious lock-ups

> I am experiencing mysterious lock-ups on a brand new 4.2 box that I
> recently built.

Update:
Nevermind!  I discovered a physical environment problem.  This system is
in a 2U rackmount case and there was insufficient clearance for the CPU
fan, so the proc was getting hot and shutting down.  I will have to run
it coverless until I can ventilate the top cover of the case.
Fortunately it's on the top of the stack in the rack.  :)

Thanks anyway,
Eric

Eric A. Sproul <eric@ericsproul.to>