Date:      Thu, 11 Apr 1996 14:53:25 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Tony Kimball <alk@Think.COM>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pgcc kernel compiles automated

   Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 12:42:30 -0700
   From: "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>

   Does the new kernel run any faster ?

I have not benchmarked.  This is a personal machine, so reality means
nothing to me, merely perception.  That having been said, I will
repeat my earlier comment: It's a more noticable difference (and the
more so since a make world and rebuilding emacs) than was changing
from a 5x86-120GP/UMC MoBo to a P-100/Triton.

The pgcc home page claims 5-30% typical speedup depending on switches,
and some code size reduction.  My experience is consistent with this
claim, although unquantified.