Date:      Sat, 15 Jul 2000 00:21:16 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@work9.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   http://people.FreeBSD.org/~tanimura/newmidi/

I would realy like midi support with my Yamaha OPL-SAx and OPL3 soundcard.
Soundcard is from china, I think, dmesg says:

pcm0: <Yamaha OPL-SAx> at port 0x240-0x24f,0xe80-0xe87,0x388-0x38f,0x300-0x301,0x100-0x101 irq 5 drq 0,1 on isa0
unknown0: <OPL3-SA3 Sound Board> at port 0x201 on isa0

Dont have a keyboard anymore, but it would be great to use rosegarden
to do some midi file editing as a preparation for midi2cs. So serial
input isnt so important, more important would to be able to listen
midifiles.

Just found the page, mentioned in the subject, but what I saw looked
extremly complicated. Well, I'll reread it again and again and then
things might become clearer. But I dont know what "pre-newbus" etc mean,
I once did patch the kernel sources to get the PC speaker driver to work,
with somebodys help, but this was rather easy, some time ago and I forgot
everything. How to apply patches etc.

My system is 4.0 RELEASE, is there any chance to get MIDI working with
this ?

Best wishes to japan ;-)

Heiko

I am not subscribed to freebsd-multimedia, so please CC, thanks !