Date:      Fri, 10 Aug 2001 09:32:17 +1000
From:      Nick Slager <ns@BlueSkyFrog.COM>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Craig R <craigery13@hotmail.com>
Subject:   Re: I wrote an NTLDR page that I would like evaluated

Thus spake Kent Stewart (kstewart@urx.com):

> NTLDR back. FreeBSD is equally ego-centric because regardless of what
> you tell it to do, it will make its slice/partition the active one
> during an install. I follow stable and life is simple because no changes
> are required as you follow the upgrade path for these systems.

Because FreeBSD marks its slice active, you might want to include
instructions on using fdisk to change the active slice to your
windows partition. Subsequent to the first boot, of course.

One other thing you may want to check: some versions of FreeBSD use
a 1024 byte boot sector, so you might want to take that into
consideration when copying the bootsector to a file.

Cheers,

Nick

--
Nick Slager             | Quidquid latine dictum
ns@BlueSkyFrog.COM      | sit, altum viditur.