Date:      Wed, 04 Jun 1997 11:18:42 -0400
From:      Chris Shenton <chris@absinthe.i3inc.com>
To:        muditha@seychelles.net
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Partitions

On Wed, 04 Jun 1997 13:24:58 +0400
Muditha Gunatilake <muditha@seychelles.net> wrote:

muditha> We are using POP and SMTP for our mail. The /var partition is
muditha> almost full and everyday have to get people to remove large
muditha> mails files to keep alive. What is the best way to add a new
muditha> hard disk or reallocate some space from /home which has quite
muditha> a bit of space left?

The following assumes /var/mail is the problem, not /var/log or some
other partition entirely.

Quickest thing would be to make /var/mail a symlink into /home/mail,
after moving all the mail files of course.

You could also add a new disk and mount /var/mail on that.

See ya! :-)