Date:      Tue, 9 Jun 1998 14:16:18 +1000 (EST)
From:      Gary Roberts <garyr@amor.wcs.uq.edu.au>
To:        eivind@yes.no (Eivind Eklund)
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: stable config broken?

Eivind Eklund writes :-

> > GENERIC:31: unknown option "COMPAT_43"
> > GENERIC:28: unknown option "MSDOSFS"
> > GENERIC:27: unknown option "NFS"
> > GENERIC:26: unknown option "FFS"
> > GENERIC:25: unknown option "INET"
>
> This is not dangerous - it is just warning messages (which should be
> considered as scary in -current, but not in -stable - not all options
> have been made 'known' in -stable).

Is it really true that all these options that we've known and loved for
years are truly deprecated??  They used to be `known' or were we just
fooling ourselves??  Is this documented anywhere?

For instance, quoting from the current LINT (2.2.6-RELEASE)
# One of these is mandatory:
options         FFS                     #Fast filesystem
options         NFS                     #Network File System

How can you describe them as not `known'??

Cheers,
--
Gary Roberts            (garyr@wcs.uq.edu.au)