Date:      Fri, 23 Mar 2001 15:35:34 +0200 (EET)
From:      Sergei Vasilyev <sergei@vasilyev.mk.ua>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   gated does not export static rip

Hi

I've got GateD on my FreeBSD router.
gated.conf is somth. like

traceoptions "/var/log/gated.trace" size 100k files 2 parse route;
rip yes {
        interface lo0 noripin noripout;
        interface ppp0 noripin noripout;
        interface tun0 noripin noripout;
        interface ed1 ripin ripout;
        traceoptions packets request response other;
        trustedgateways a.a.a.a b.b.b.b;
};
static {
	n.n.n.n masklen 24 gateway x.x.x.x ;
	m.m.m.m masklen 24 gateway x.x.x.x ;
};
export proto rip interface ed1 {
	proto static{
        	n.n.n.n masklen 24 ;
		m.m.m.m masklen 24 ;
};};

where x.x.x.x is IP on other side of ppp0 link.

I see that there is no records in gated.trace about sending announce
about routes that described in "static" section.
And no routes to  n.n.n.n  and  m.m.m.m  on   a.a.a.a   and   b.b.b.b
  routers that listen rip and trust my router ( they are plagged in the
same ehternet hub as my ed1)

What can I do with gated.conf to correct this situation? I wish that
route to  n.n.n.n  and  m.m.m.m  be announced when ppp link is up and not
announsed when ppp link goes down.

Thanks in advance,
Sergei Vasilyev