Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 1997 15:13:22 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Jeffrey M. Metcalf" <jeffrey_m._metcalf@ccmail.bms.com>
To:        rnordier@iafrica.com
Cc:        metcalf@snet.net, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.2 Release and testing of the vfatfs

     Hello,

     I was browsing around the FreeBSD web page recently and read
     that FreeBSD-2.2 has just been officially released.

     We corresponded a bit in the past concerning my desire to help
     in testing your vfatfs project.  At that time, you mentioned to me
     that in order to use the vfatfs, I would have to have obtained
     certain kernel updates that were available in 3.0-current.  You
     also mentioned that those same updates would likely be available
     in 2.2 when it was to be released.  Is this in fact the case?  Will
     the official release of FreeBSD-2.2 be an adequate build for the
     vfatfs testing?

     In addition, do you know when a reasonable time would be to place
     an order for the 2.2-RELEASE on CDROM?

     Thank You,

     J. Metcalf