Date:      Thu, 28 Oct 1999 16:40:47 +0200
From:      Klaus Herrmann <klaus.herrmann@gmx.net>
To:        Oren Sarig <sarig@bezeqint.net>, freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AVM Fritz PCI

Am Thu, 28 Oct 1999 schrieb Oren Sarig:
> Hello, and thank you for your reply.
>
> I have downloaded a new version of i4b and used `overinstall.sh` to
> upgrade. I updated the files.i386 and options.i386, and recompiled the
> kernel, and it went smoothley (well, once I've done everything right, it
> didn't work the first time :)). I can launch isdnd and it runs. Every once
> in a while I get the message:
>
> i4b-L1-timer4_expired: state = F3 Deactivated
we had this some time ago, i guess, but i can't remember what this means. but
it doesn't look to good.

> Why is that? Anyways, I tried the commands in your script. `ifconfig isp0
> delete -link1` and `ifconfig isp0 down` work smoothley. `spppcontrol`
> gives me an error though, even when I just do `spppcontrol isp0`. The
> error is:
>
> spppcontrol: SIOCGIFGENERIC(SPPPIOGDEFS): Invalid argument

this is not a real error, i always get this, too, and everything works fine.

> Maybe the following errors are just because this line didn't work, but
> here they are anyways. I try to type this command:
>
> ifconfig isp0 0.0.0.0 192.115.104.72 -link1 mtu 500 netmask 0xffffff00
>
> 192.115.104.72 is the DNS of my ISP. You said I should put my ISP's IP
> here, I assume that is what you mean. If not, please clarify. Anyways, I
nope. the DNS-IP has to be written into /etc/resolv.conf my one looks like that:
nameserver      194.64.166.1
your provider has a ip. use 0.0.0.1 if you don't now it, should work. if not,
tirn on debugging (ifconfig isp0 debug) and connect. you will see a lot of
messages, and a rejection of the ip you give him (192.115.104.72), and hist
want_addr, this is the ip to use.

> get the error:
>
> ifconfig: ioctl (SIOCAIFADDR): File exists
like above, no a real error message, i have this as well.

> What's wrong here? Anyways, I type `ifconfig isp0 down` and no errors.
> Finally, I type:
>
> route add default -interface isp0
>
> and I get:
>
> route: writing to routing socket: File exists
> add net default: gateway isp0: File exists
looks ok too...

> Why do all those errors occur? My krenel configuration file didn't change
> >from last time, nor did my isdnd.rc, and all that changed in the
> /var/log/messages is that now I have the isic0: * in there that shows it
> recognizes my controller.
as above, most of them are warnings and can be ignored, i think.

> Thanks in advance for your help. I've tried looking at the `ifconfig` and
> `spppcontrol` man pages, though there was nothing that helped me there.
>
> BTW, another weird symptom is that I can't reboot my computer with
> CTRL+ALT+DEL becuase i4b gives me an error message and the comp hangs. I
> can only
> reboot with the `reboot` command, which takes too many keystrokes ;) Why does
> the computer hang?
hmm, i don't know. probably something with the F3 deaktivated.

if you try to connect,.can you ping other machines and do http, ftp  and
all the other stuff work?

ciao,
Klaus

--