Date:      Sun, 4 Mar 2001 04:08:30 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mikhail Kruk <meshko@cs.brandeis.edu>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   struct pppstats

Hi,
sorry if it's offtopic for this list, please direct me to the correct one.

This is the defition of the struct pppstat from the
usr/include/net/ppp_defs.h file:

struct pppstat  {
    unsigned int ppp_ibytes;    /* bytes received */
    unsigned int ppp_ipackets;  /* packets received */
    unsigned int ppp_ierrors;   /* receive errors */
    unsigned int ppp_obytes;    /* bytes sent */
    unsigned int ppp_opackets;  /* packets sent */
    unsigned int ppp_oerrors;   /* transmit errors */
};

Shouldn't it be u_long instead?
Or is this sturct used at all?

I've stumbled into this problem when I was looking at pppload
(/usr/ports/net/pppload) trying to fix it so that it would handle large (>
int) amounts of traffic. Now I can't find any place which would use this
structures, but if it's used by anything it should be u_long.

TIA