Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2001 00:00:54 -0400
From:      Charlie & <root@diarmadhi.mushhaven.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installworld woes

So I check the lists, check the bug reports, so on, see that things
should be, for what matters to me, stable in -STABLE. rm /usr/obj
and /usr/src and cvsup a clean tree from stable-supfile. Buildworld
with no problem. Installworld dies. :( I get:

===> bin
===> bin/cat
install -C -c -s -o root -g wheel -m 555   cat /bin
install: mkstemp: /bin/INS@f5rU for /bin/cat: Operation not permitted
*** Error code 71

Stop in /usr/src/bin/cat.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/bin.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

I can not find a way to fix this, or anyone else with this problem. System
is upgrading from 4.3-BETA. When I first got the error, re-read the handbook
to see if I was missing something, only thing I found was to installkernel
the new kernel before rebooting. Did that, no help.

So... Help? Sorry this is turse, I am exhausted after beating on this six
hours. Soplease, please, somone shed a ray of light on this.

Jamie