Date:      Sat, 28 Sep 2002 21:10:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rhett Monteg Hollander <victorysoldier@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   kldunload bug?

Hello,

it looks like there is a bug in kldunload that can
easily crash the whole OS. It's easy to reproduce it:

1. kldload snd -- loads all sound drivers and probes
hardware;

2. kldunload snd -- boom, kernel panics.

Modules cannot be unloaded separately. Of course
that's stupid to kldload all of them together, but
that shouldn't crash OS on unload, right?

I have no sound related stuff in my kernel, and of
course I didn't load any _snd.ko modules prior to
kldload snd.

FreeBSD 4.7-RC1 i386

Rhett