Date:      Wed, 06 Aug 2008 13:47:24 -0400
From:      Lisa Besko <besko@msu.edu>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Swapping boot disks and getting mountroot>

I have a system running FBSD 6.2 release (if I remember correctly) that
is running on a Sunfire X2100.  The disk boots fine there and I seem to
be able to move it to other X2100's.  The problem is that I need to move
it to a Sunfire X2200.  When I move it to the X2200 I get a mountroot>
prompt and the keyboard freezes up.

I notice that it finds the device ad4 but then it tries to mount root
from /dev/ad6s1a.  I've edited the fstab to have it look for ad4s1a but
it still won't boot.  Anyone have any pointers or ideas?

Thanks,

Lisa B.