Date:      Fri, 03 Sep 1999 10:50:08 +0900
From:      NAKAGAWA Yoshihisa <y-nakaga@nwsl.mesh.ad.jp>
To:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        "Chuck O'Donnell" <cao@bus.net>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Purpose of irq's in pcic

> Weird that it's worked in stock FreeBSD for a very long time w/out any
> PAO patches on my TI-1131 box.  It's never had PAO installed it, nor
> needed PAO to work fine.

I am using TI-1130 base machine, that machine handled 2-slot by
TI-1130. I can use 1-slot only on plain FreeBSD since long time
ago, but can't use second slot.

# TI-1130 and TI-1131 are compatible chip.

So, PAO team changed PCIC probe code, support both slot correctly.

Also, I have VLSI based machine and TI's CardBus controller
datasheet. At least, pcic.c not include correctly probe code in
-current and -stable. PAO has it.

--
NAKAGAWA, Yoshihisa
	y-nakaga@nwsl.mesh.ad.jp