Date:      Wed, 12 Sep 2018 11:11:02 -0400
From:      Dennis Clarke <dclarke@blastwave.org>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 11.2 Installer Issues on G5

>>> Hello all, new user here.
>>>
>>> I'm trying to install FreeBSD 11.2 powerpc64 on a Power Mac G5
>>> (11,2 2 GHz dual-core model), using the memstick image. It boots
>>> just fine, but a few minutes into the installation process, the
>>> installer would freeze. There's no error message that I can see,
>>> but the front light turns red (from the usual white). ...

I am also quite stuck with the FreeBSD install process on a G5. The unit
does have the deathly red led on the front and the normal dialogs for
install seem to appear.  However there is no way to format a new disk in
the machine. Anything I do gets rejected over and over and I get a popup
message that claims the disk is corrupt. Not a very helpful message for
the guided full UFS install.

Dennis