Date:      02 Jul 2002 17:48:19 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Joe Kelsey <joek@mail.flyingcroc.net>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Upgrading Gnome1 to Gnome2

On Tue, 2002-07-02 at 17:05, Joe Kelsey wrote:
> So what is the "official" way to portupgrade to gnome2?  Do you
> pkg_delete gnome1.4 first?  How do you prevent the pkg_delete from
> removing those components that are not part of Gnome2, such as
> evolution?  If I just do portinstall -R gnome2 it complains about gnome1
> desktop components, but there doesn't seem to be a meta-port to control
> removing just those components...

Funny you should ask.  Take a look at:

http://www.marcuscom.com/gnome/docs/faq2.html#q4

As I mention in the doc, once you have GNOME 2.0 installed, trying to
upgrade certain GNOME applications may cause GNOME 1.4 to overwrite
GNOME 2.0.  This is being worked on in the bsd.gnomeng.mk project.

This doc will be committed to the FreeBSD web site after it's had some
shakedown time.

Joe